Friday, August 7, 2009

Welcome

I set up this blog so that I could have a separate place to write about my feelings and thoughts as my husband battles leukemia yet again.  Some of what I have wanted to write lately seems too heavy to post on my other blog which has become more about nature and photography more than family “stuff.”  Still, I imagine it will be hard to completely compartmentalize my thoughts to just this site.

It is my sole intention to write as I walk beside my husband through this valley.  I often read back over the journal I kept the last two times and marvel how God gave us grace for the journey.  As you read along, I hope you will be inspired to deepen your own relationship with God.  And if you are encouraged by what you read here, well, that’s just an added blessing.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I think this is great for you, Adrienne, to have a place to express your feelings --no matter how raw they are. I have no idea what you are going through --but I am here to listen and just try to give you words of wisdom and compassion.

Hugs,
Betsy

heidiannie said...

Writing about the pain and the glory is one of the best ways to help you keep your heart and head sane and safe. I am praying that this will be a place of relief for you. And that the Lord will deal gently with your husband, family, and you.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi, Adrienne,
I came to your blog through your profile after you left a comment on my GBBD post. I am a Christian, and liked the title of it. I read all of your posts here. I can tell they were written from the heart. I'm glad you got to enjoy your family time before the chemo. I pray that it will go well.

I like the things you said about God and the way you worded your questions to Him. God loves us so much, and in all things He causes good to come to us.

Hugs, Sue