Sunday, October 18, 2009

Think on These Things

A dear friend of mine sent a message last night suggesting I meditate on Phillipians 4 before going to sleep.  That is one of my favorite passages in the Bible, and so I thought I would share part of it with you, too.

Whenever a situation is looking dismal, remember these words:

Phillipians 4:6-9 

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. 

So I am reminded to lay my cares at the feet of Jesus through prayer, and fill my thoughts with things of beauty and truth and goodness.

1 comment:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love those passages, too. God needs to remind me what kinds of thoughts He wants me to have from time to time. It might be fun for you to read this in different versions of the Bible.